Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Memes 4/10

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Have you ever received a bound galley from a publisher for review? What did you think about it? Were you surprised at anything? 

My Answer:
Yes, I've received several bound galleys for review. I didn't really have any particular thoughts about them and they didn't really surprise me. They were pretty similar to the finished copies.


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"I found the ship we want. A merchant vessel with supplies for Catal, the Far North" Chaza'el cast a worried glance back through the maze of crates-three times taller than we were-and then to us again. "One little problem-she's loaded with soldiers."
Remnants: Season of Fire by Lisa T. Bergren

My Thoughts
Pretty good beginning, especially if you've read the first book!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow...my bound galley was HUGE but so nice to read. :)

ENJOY your reading weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Unknown said...

Seems like this is an adventurous book.

Here's my beginning.

CraftyOtakuReader said...

I've been wanting to read Season of Fire! That quote's definitely got me curious about what's going on.

Check out my Friday 56/Book Beginnings!

Stormi said...

Only thing about Bound Galleys for me is that they are so big. :)

Stormi
Friday Memes

Abbi Hart said...

Elizabeth-Yeah they can be big sometimes!

Elizabeth B.-It is!

Stina-It's good!

Stormi-Yeah

Post a Comment