Thursday, April 16, 2015

Grace Like Rain by Julie Lessman

About the Book
*Note: This is part of the With the Kiss Historical Collection. I will review the others when I read them.
Because of Blake “The Rake” McClare’s notorious reputation, receptionist Patience Peabody steers clear of the lovable rogue attorney at the law firm in which they both work. Until a rare thunderstorm brings them together in a love soaked with the grace of God and sparked with a little lightning of its own.

My Thoughts
Anyone who knows anything about my reading habits knows that I am obsessed with Julie Lessman's books! I seriously adore everything that she has written. So it's an understatement to say that I get excited whenever I hear that she has another story releasing. And this time not only was it a new story but it was a story about Blake McClare from her The Heart of San Francisco series. Blake was a bit of a rogue but you could tell that with the right circumstances he could be an awesome hero. And if anyone can turn a rogue into hero it's Julie! Thankfully she listened to us reader's begging and gifted us with this beautiful novella!
We'd briefly met Patience in the other books but she hadn't stuck out to me all that much and I didn't really give her a second thought till I found out she was to be the girl who tamed Blake "The Rake" McClare. Then of course I had to reread the scenes she'd been in and I saw that she was exactly the girl I'd been imagining for Blake. I was so excited to have her character fleshed out more and I loved who she was! Kind, caring, and giving, yet strong and firm enough to stand her ground against Blake until he got his act together. As for Blake, it was so cool to watch his transformation and see him become the man that God had always intended for him to be.
It was also fantastic to catch up with the rest of the McClares! I loved seeing how everyone was progressing in their relationships and it just made me happy to spend more time with them.

From the very beginning I had a huge grin on my face that stayed until awhile after I had finished (except for the twist before the ending that made me a little anxious for a bit)! Honestly the only bad thing I have to say about this book is that it was too short and I wanted to read more of their story!

Meet the Author
Julie Lessman, award-winning author of The Daughters of Boston, Winds of Change, and Heart of San Francisco series, was named American Christian Fiction Writers 2009 Debut Author of the Year and voted #1 Romance Author of the year in Family Fiction magazine's 2012 and 2011 Readers Choice Awards. Julie has garnered 17 RWA and other awards and made Booklist's 2010 Top 10 Inspirational Fiction. Her latest novel, Surprised by Love, appeared on Family Fiction magazine's list of Top Ten Novels of 2014. Her indie book A Light in the Window is an International Digital Awards winner, a 2013 Readers' Crown Award winner, and a 2013 Book Buyers Best Award winner.

You can contact Julie and read excerpts from her books at www.julielessman.com, or through Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, or Pinterest, as well as sign up for her newsletter. Check out Julie's group blog, The Seekers, Writers Digest 2013 and 2014 "Best 101 Websites for Writers," and Julie's own personal blog, Journal Jots, voted blog of the month in the Readers' Choice poll of Book Fun Magazine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment