Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #158: Taken

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're
eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Taken by Dee Henderson
Bethany House-April 28, 2015

About the Book
An investigator who knows tragic loss firsthand, 
and his new client, missing far too long...
Abducted at the age of sixteen and coerced into assisting the Jacoby crime family, Shannon Bliss has finally found a way out. She desperately wants to resume some semblance of normal life, but she also knows she has some unfinished business to attend to. She might have enough evidence to put her captors behind bars for a very long time. 
When Shannon contacts private investigator Matthew Dane, a former cop, to help her navigate her reentry into society, he quickly discovers that gaining her freedom doesn't mean her troubles are over. If the Jacoby family learns she is still alive, they'll stop at nothing to silence her.

If justice is to be done, and if Shannon's life is ever to get on track again, Matthew will need to discover exactly what happened to her--even if it means stirring up a hornet's nest of secrets.

Why I Want It
I am a huge fan of Dee's O'Malley and Uncommon Heroes series and though I was disappointed with Full Disclosure I love her writing enough to give this one a chance!

4 comments:

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Cool pick. I need to read more books like this. Thanks for sharing :)

Happy Wednesday!

Shane @ Itching for Books

CraftyOtakuReader said...

Great pick! I hope you like the book! Check out my WoW!

Unknown said...

Great pick! I haven't heard of this one but I hope that you enjoy reading it.

My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-wired/

Abbi Hart said...

Shane-You're welcome!

Stina-Thanks!

Olena-Thank you!

Post a Comment