Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bout of Books 10: Day 1: Update & Day 2: Challenges

Bout of Books

Books I Read Today: Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Books I Finished Today: Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Pages Read Today: 525
Total Books Finished: 1
Total Pages Read: 525

Challenge #1: Bookish Royal Challenge
Hosted by: My Life in Books

The Rules
Choose three or more fictional characters as combatants – they can be haphazardly picked or themed 
List three strengths and weakness for each contender (feel free to skip this step if you’re using social media to participate in Bout of Books i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads…)
Determine who would come out victorious and give a little explanation why you think they would win – get creative with the outcomes!

(Note: I'm skipping the strength and weaknesses part even though I'm not posting on social media. Because my brain just refused to come up with them! I don't really think about things like that when reading!)

The Combatants

Luca Forelli from The River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren

Valten from The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson

Errol Stone from The Staff & The Sword Trilogy by Patrick W. Carr

The Results
Well I really don't believe these three would be fighting against each other but if they did I think Errol would be the one to emerge victorious. He is able to wield either a staff (his is much more than your average wooden staff) or two swords and even though both Luca and Valten are expert swordsmen I doubt they'd be able to beat Errol's two swords. Also out of the three I think Errol is most willing to die for a cause and have more care for that cause than his own life so therefore I think he'd take more risks and fight harder. It would be a close fight though!

Challenge #2: Books You're Looking Forward To
Hosted by: River City Reading

Your challenge is simple: create a list of titles you're looking forward to reading. They can be upcoming titles in a specific season, titles that have been on your shelves, it's up to you!

5 Books On My Shelf I Can't Wait to Read
Raptor 6 by Ronie Kendig
Love's Awakening by Laura Frantz
Circle of Spies by Roseanna M. White
Remnants: Season of Wonder by Lisa T. Bergren
Caught in the Middle by Regina Jennings

5 Upcoming Releases I Can't Wait to Read
Surprised by Love by Julie Lessman
When I Fall in Love by Susan May Warren
In Perfect Time by Sarah Sundin
Deceived by Irene Hannon
Rebels by Jill Williamson

3 comments:

Aiko said...

I'm also reading Insurgent for Bout of Books! Haven't finished it yet though :)

Book Bunny said...

WOW 525 pages a day! Congrats :)

Abbi Hart said...

Aiko-Cool!

Book Bunny-Thanks!

Post a Comment