Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

There have been oh so many books that I have almost stopped reading but ended up finishing for various reasons. The biggest reason is that they were review books and I felt obligated to finish them! A couple of them I didn't end up hating but they still only made it to three stars. So here are ten books that I wanted to put down but didn't!

#1. The Invention of Sarah Cummings by Olivia Newport-The heroine drove me nuts but since it was a review book I finished it.
#2. Flight of the Earls by Michael K. Reynolds-This one just didn't really capture my interest at all and since it was a review book and I was buddy reading it I worked my way to the end.
#3. Heartless by Anne Elizabeth Stengl-Nothing really against this one I'm just not a fantasy lover and this one just didn't hit the spot. I made my way to the end though!
#4. Wedding Belles by Janice Hanna-This one was rather cheesy and corny but it was for a buddy read so to the end I went!
#5. Carolina Gold by Dorothy Love-This one took me forever to get into and there were a few other annoying things but due to the fact that it was for review I read till the last page.
#6. Afloat by Erin Healy-This was not at all what I was expecting and I really didn't like it at all but I finished cause it was for review and a buddy read!
#7. A Love of Her Own by Maggie Brendan-I really did not like the heroine and I only finished it because it was the last book in  a series I had enjoyed.
#8. If the Shoe Fits by Sandra D. Bricker-The heroine made me crazy, it was rather corny, and I often questioned the character's sanity but it was a review book so...
#9. Tidewater Inn  by Colleen Coble-Honestly I barely remember this book but I remember thinking it was hokey and I kept seeing ways it could have been improved. This was another review book.
#10. Vow Unbroken by Caryl McAdoo-I can't begin to tell you all the reasons I wanted to put this book down but I don't think I have wanted to not finish a book so badly!

5 comments:

Rissi said...

Not the biggest fan of "Sarah Cummings" either however I did enjoy the series as a whole - sweet albeit I missed a bigger presence for the heroes!

Did like Tidewater Inn - the blend of mystery/romance was great. :)

Anonymous said...

I've only read Heartless and remember I wanted to love it, but it just ended up being okay for me. After a while many of the books I didn't enjoy become murky to me too and I can't recall why I didn't like them.

My TTT

Somewhere Only We Know said...

Heartless is the only one I've read. I do plan to read all of that series if I can make it through. I got book 4 as an ARC and feel so guilty that I haven't read it yet, but since it's book 4 and I haven't read books 2 or 3....well it's just going to have to wait.

TTT
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Somewhere Only We Know said...

New follower by the way!

Abbi Hart said...

Rissi-I agree! It really felt like the heroes were not big parts of the story at all! And it seemed I was one of the few people who didn't like Tidewater Inn so I'm glad you liked it!

akernelofnonsense-I really wanted to love Heartless too.

Sandy-Yeah I refuse to read a series out of order too! My sisters have read more of the series and liked them but it just wasn't for me! Thank you for following!

Post a Comment