Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Memes 5/23

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
 Did you ever make a HUGE mistake when you posted a review? For Example: Did you have the correct book title, but the wrong author in the blog post title? If so, how long until you found your mistake? 

My Answer:
I have on occasion forgotten to put the title on my blog posts, and I think once I put the wrong author but I caught the mistake almost immediately. 


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

The  August sky radiated a perfect blue as Leona Darby carried her morning coffee out to the deck surrounding her log home in Meadows, a small community in the Southern California mountains.
Until I Found You by Victoria Bylin

My Thoughts
This is a very picturesque beginning! I'm excited to read more!

9 comments:

JC Jones said...

Nice start to Until I Found You. Like you I have forgotten to put titles to some of my post. Always caught it but not until they were published. Here is my post: Mixed Book Bag

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've put the wrong book picture and caught it when someone made a comment about it.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I usually catch my mistakes, but I'm sure some have gotten past me! One thing I enjoy about this group is their well-written posts.
I like the opening to Until I Found You. It gives the reader the setting and the character's name. I'm curious about her log home too.
Here's the link to my Friday post: THE DOCTOR'S INDISCRETION.

Brooke Showalter said...

I have forgotten to categorize my posts, and have spelled an author's name wrong. The category isn't that big of a deal, except that it drives me crazy. LOL. Thanks for sharing your memes!

My Book Blogger Hop post is added to the inlinkz. :)

Katherine P said...

I'm terrible about categorizing my posts but I'm working on it! Love the description in that beginning. Sounds like a dream morning!

Beck Valley Books said...

I made a similar mistake on Facebook once and typed part of the title wrong the author soon highlighted it for me lol x

Elizabeth said...

I did the same thing, I put the wrong author, but luckily caught it.

Have a great weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

gautami tripathy said...

Very atmospheric beginning! I would keep reading.....

Here is my Book Beginning post!!


What a 56!!

Here is my Friday 56post!!

Abbi Hart said...

JC-Yeah I liked it!

JoyAnne-I have almost done that!

Sandra-Yeah I'm sure there are some that have slipped past me too!

Brooke-I once spelled an author's name wrong when making a label and it drives me nuts too!

Katherine-Good for you!

Sharon-Haha

Elizabeth-It's a very easy mistake to make!

gautami-Me too!

Post a Comment