Friday, May 02, 2014

Friday Memes 5/2

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
When you receive a book in the mail or from UPS, do you immediately catalog it or leave the books stacked up until the week is up and then catalog them?

My Answer:
I'm assuming this is in regards to review books and I have had several different methods over the years but I recently started doing it a new way and I'm loving it. When a review book arrives, I take a Post-It note and write the title, author, who I'm reviewing it for, and when I need to post the review, then I slap it on the book and put it in my stack of review books. Once I read the book I write the review, put the Post-It note on the side of my beside "table" where I can frequently see it, and then put the book on my shelves which are organized alphabetically by author. And finally when it comes to the tour date I post the review and through the Post-It away. It has been working wonderfully for me!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

It was going to be another late night at the office. Keith Watson rotated the kinks out of his neck, leaned back in his chair, and grimaced at the intimidating stack of solicitations on the corner of his desk. 
One Perfect Spring by Irene Hannon

My Thoughts
Not an attention grabbing beginning but it's still a well-written one. And technically the book starts with a letter but I decided to share the beginning of chapter one instead.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so organized! :) I would like to do it like you do, but I'd probably forget to update everything half of the time >.<

Juli Rahel said...

Oh wow, that is a genius system! I'm not that organised, unfortunately! I'm planning a long night writing essays, so I can feel Keith Watson's pain! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you enjoy it!
My Friday post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Sheri said...

I keep a list of review books and dates the review is due and keep it in the pocket of my Kindle case. Thanks for sharing, and happy reading :)
Here is my my book beginning

Elizabeth said...

I do the same thing with the Post-it note. :)

Thanks for sharing your idea.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Abbi Hart said...

Saku-Thanks! That's part of the beauty of the way I do it since it really takes no thought at all

Juli-Thanks! I hope your night isn't too long or hard!

Sheri-That's a pretty great idea!

Elizabeth-Cool!

gautami tripathy said...

Love the beginning. I would go on.....

Here is my Book Beginning post!!

Abbi Hart said...

gautami-Glad you liked it!

Tea said...

I luv letters. Would have liked reading it.

Abbi Hart said...

Tea norman-I like letters too but it felt weird to use it as my book beginning! Sorry.

Post a Comment