Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Memes 2/22



The Question:
Which do you prefer most: a printed book or an ebook?

My Answer:
Definitely a printed one! I love the covers, being able to read the back and look easily at previous sections, and just the general feel of them. I also love seeing them lined up on my shelf! That being said I do appreciate the ease and portability of ebooks and enjoy reading on my kindle!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Isle of Shadows by Tracy L. Higley
"In the deceitful calm of the days preceding disaster, while Rhodes still glittered like a white jewel in the Aegean, Tessa of Delos planned to open her wrists."

My Thoughts
This is a beautifully written opening line and it immediately has you picturing a beautiful Grecian landscape. It also peaks your curiosity as  to what the disaster is and why this character wants to end her life.

8 comments:

Billy Burgess said...

I like printed books better than Ereaders.

Elizabeth said...

I agree with your comments. It is great to be able to easily go back in a print book, but the portability of e-books does have its merit.

I still prefer print, though. :)

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Susan said...

Your response is identical to mine! I love real books, but I love my Kindle Fire too. I have the best of both worlds, really :)

Vicki said...

I love them for all those reasons too!
Here's My Answer

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Wow! That is some opening sentence! Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings on Friday!

And I'm with you -- printed books.

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I also just signed up as a new follower.

Rose City Reader

Unknown said...

I love how most of the answers seem to flow along the same vein. My answer at Is It Amazing is basically the same. I also really like the sentence you posted. That's a lot of emotion packed into one sentence. I'm a new follower. :)

Purple Butterfly said...

I like printed books as well. :-) I'm a new follower as well!

Post a Comment