Saturday, September 20, 2014

Tackle Your TBR Read-A-Thon: Day 12 Update & Day 13 Challenge


Books I Read Today:
The Cubicle Next Door by Siri L. Mitchell (114 pages)
Caught in the Middle by Regina Jennings (100 pages)
The Death Cure by James Dashner (80 pages)
Books I Finished Today: 0
Pages Read Today: 294
Total Books Finished: 11
Total Pages Read: 4,471

My Thoughts on Today
Another day that didn't go as planned reading wise! I was hoping to try to make up for yesterday but it was not to be. I watched my almost two month old niece all morning and managed to read a little while she took cat naps. Then I switched to watching my four-year-old niece. Add to that a nap (due to lack of sleep), chores, and watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier (I couldn't resist even though I'd already seen it!) with my fam and it made for a smaller reading day. I am hoping to finish these three books before the read-a-thon is over though!

Dream Character Challenge
Hosted by: Wishful Endings

Instructions:
1. Pick your favorite character from a book.
2. List the name, the book he/she is from, and why that was your choice.
3. Pick a celebrity or picture of who you would dream cast for that character.
4. Post or link that picture (or leave the name of the celebrity) with the character's info.

For this challenge I decided to pick Margaretha from The Princess Spy which was the first book I read for this read-a-thon! Part of the reason I chose her was the fact that I am rather horrible at casting characters (my mind just doesn't work that way) and the model on the front looks a lot like an actress on a show I watch so it was a bit of a no brainer! I've only seen this actress in this one show but she does really well and I think she could play Margaretha brilliantly. Margaretha has a bit of a naivete about her but she can be tough when the situation calls for it and so I think Brina Palencia would be the perfect actress to play her!

2 comments:

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

You still read almost 300 pages, which is pretty good. Thanks for participating in the challenge too!

Abbi Hart said...

Tressa-Thanks and you're welcome!

Post a Comment