Thursday, May 14, 2015

Bout of Books 13: Day 3 Update & Day 4 Challenge

Bout of Books
Books I Read Today:
A Love Like Ours by Becky Wade (255 pages)
Hawk by Ronie Kendig (161 pages)
Books I Finished Today:
A Love Like Ours by Becky Wade
Pages Read Today: 416
Total Books Finished: 4
Total Pages Read: 1,321

My Thoughts on Today
I was so exhausted today that even though I had a lot of reading time I was reading slower than normal which meant I didn't get as much done! I once again didn't make my daily page goal so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make my ten book goal, but I'm okay with that.

Modern to Classic Challenge
Hosted by: Ranty Runt of a Reader

THE CHALLENGE Share one book that you believe will be considered a classic in 100 years time. Simple? I do have a few caveats, the book must have been published in or after 2005 and you need to provide two reasons for why this book will be a classic.

As I thought this over there were some obvious books that popped into my head like The Hunger Games, but that was a bit too easy and the one that I kept coming back to was pretty much my all time favorite series The O'Conner Family Saga by Julie Lessman. As for my reasons: First of all her writing is brilliant and timeless. Secondly I feel like this family just captures your heart from the moment you meet them and I think people are going to love them for a very long time!
*I know hoping a Christian book will become a classic is a little bit of a fantasy but I think this series could be the exception!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've not read The O'Conner Family Saga, but I do think that Christian fiction have as much a right to becoming classics as any other creative work! If it is well written and with strong characters, it stands a chance! Thanks for participating in today's challenge, and enjoy the rest of the readathon :)

Abbi Hart said...

Bookybecksa-That is true, thanks!

Post a Comment