Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Book Titles That Get Songs Stuck in My Head

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

So right before I realized that this week was Freebie week I had been discussing with my sister the fact that some book titles got various songs stuck in my head. And when I saw that it was Freebie week I thought it would make a fun topic! So here are ten book titles and the songs that they get stuck in my head!

Book: Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones
Song: Just Between You and Me by DC Talk

Book: The Art of Losing Yourself  by Katie Ganshert
Song: If I Lose Myself by OneRepublic

Book: When a Heart Stops by Lynette Eason
Song: Heart Stops by David Dunn

Book: Take A Chance On Me by Susan May Warren
Song: Take A Chance On Me by ABBA

Book: It Had to be You by Susan May Warren
Song: It Had to Be You by Frank Sinatra

Book: A Love Like Ours by Becky Wade
Song: Ours by Taylor Swift

Book: Catch a Falling Star by Janice Thompson
Song: Catch a Falling Star by Perry Como

Book: Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson
Song: Fools Rush In by Elvis Presley

Book: A Broken Kind of Beautiful by Katie Ganshert
Song: Broken and Beautiful by Mark Schultz

Book: After a Fashion by Jen Turano
Song: Always True to You Darling in My Fashion from Kiss Me Kate

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! I guess I think of songs that remind me of books as I'm reading them, but normally don't give them another thought. I might just have to start making note of them now! :D

Dawn Janis said...

Katie's book, A Broken Kind of Beautiful, had the Jonny Diaz song of More Beautiful You running through my mind as I read it.

Captivated Reader said...

I'll have to look into these books as I haven't read any of them.

Here's the link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-sexy-male-characters-in.html

Rissi said...

Okay, this is seriously one of the cleverest topics ever, Abbi! Well done. Love the ABBA reference - those songs are amazing and fun. :)

Susan said...

Fun! Tons of book titles come from song titles/lyrics. Others make me think of songs as well, even if they aren't supposed to!

Happy TTT!

Abbi Hart said...

Shannah-That happens to me occasionally too but not very often-it's the titles that get me since I see them more frequently!

Dawn-That's a good one!

Captivated Reader-They are all good!

Rissi-Thanks! Gotta love the random thoughts that turn out to be awesome! ABBA is great though I don't listen to them all that often!

Susan-Haha glad I'm not the only one!

Post a Comment