Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Memes 9/19

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
How important is a book's cover to your overall impression of it?

My Answer:
I'd be lying if I didn't say it was at least a decent factor in whether or not I'll read a book but I can't really say that it would effect my opinion of the book after I read it! I base my opinion of a book on it's content not it's look.


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"So what do you think Jackie?" What do I think? Funny Joe should ask me. He's just finished reading my blog. He's just quoted me to myself. Or is it myself to me? Do I sound surreal, as if I'm living in parallel universes?
The Cubicle Next Door by Siri L. Mitchell

My Thoughts
Entertaining beginning! I can see now why my sisters told me this book was hysterical! Looking forward to reading more!

7 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

I definitely don't let it influence whether I enjoy the book or not, but I do mention it in my review when I think it's absolutely awful (which hardly ever happens) because it's bad marketing if the cover doesn't reflect the inside! Same with the blurb as well, nothing worse than a blurb that makes no sense after reading the book! I'm slightly confused by the BB, but it does sound funny! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for hosting :) Have a great weekend!
My Friday Post
Juli @ Universe in Words

sherry fundin said...

It's almost always the cover that draws me in first. Sometimes I look at nothing else. Enjoy your weekend.
sherry @ My Friday Memes

Katherine P said...

I feel about the same as you with covers. If I do pick up the book the cover generally doesn't influence my enjoyment though it does influence if I'll pick up the book in the first place!
I love the beginning. I'll definitely have to find out more about this book.

Elizabeth said...

I must be in the minority. :)

If I see a cover I like, I definitely check out the inside of the book. :)

Great beginning.

ENJOY your weekend.

My blog hop link is below.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Sandra Nachlinger said...

A book's cover or title will make me pick it up, but the blurb and opening are what make me buy it. The beginning of The Cubicle Next Door would make me want to read more.
Here's the link to my Friday post: The Merry-Go-Round.

Jolene said...

The cover will certainly catch my eye if it's good, but my overall impression is based more on content.

My blog hop answer.

Abbi Hart said...

Juli-I agree!

Sherry-I could never just get a book based on the cover alone!

Katherine-Yes!

Elizabeth-I will check out the description for a book with a cover I love, it just doesn't influence my opinion of the book!

Sandra-Same here!

Jolene-Yup!

Post a Comment