Friday, September 12, 2014

Tackle Your TBR Read-A-Thon: Day 4 Update & Day 5 Challenge


Books I Read Today:
The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen (39 pages)
Crossed by Ally Condie (128 pages)
Be Still My Soul by Joanne Bischof (83 pages)
Breathing Room by Leeana Tankersly (28 pages)
Books I Finished Today:
The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen 
Pages Read Today: 278
Total Books Finished: 2
Total Pages Read: 971

My Thoughts on Today
I got a decent chunk of reading in but not quite what I was hoping to accomplish. I accidentally slept in super late, had chores to do, and spent a bunch of time with my sister. So while it wasn't the best reading day it was still a pretty great day!

Regency Quiz Challenge
Hosted by: Donna Hatch

Question #1: Where would a Regency lady wear a pelisse?

A. to a garden party
B. to bed
C. to go outside walking or shopping
D. to the queen's drawing room.

Question #2: Why would a Regency ballroom have chalk?

A. to teach dance steps by drawing the pattern on the floor.
B. to decorate the dance floor and/or hide any flaws in the wood.
C. for dancers to wipe on the bottoms of their shoes.
D. B and C

Question #3: What is a banyon?

A. a men's dressing robe for casual, stay-at-home days.
B. an ornamental tree.
C. another word for a corset or stays.
D. a holiday dessert

3 comments:

Janet said...

The Silent Governess has been on my TBR for quite a while now. Congratulations on finishing it! I hope you find lots of time to read today.

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

I really liked The Silent Governess. All her books are pretty good, although The Maid of Fairbourne Hall is my fav of hers. Chores? What are those? Lol! I've got a long list of them today to get to. Just means I'll be listening to my book while I do them. :)

Abbi Hart said...

Janet-It was on my TBR for forever too and I kept putting it off because the synopsis didn't quite grab me. But I got it as a gift last Christmas and one of my yearly goals is to finish all of the books owned in the previous year so I just decided to dive in! I ended up loving it! Hope you get to read it soon!

Tressa-I agree her books are excellent! I have read all but The Lady of Milkweed Manor and I agree that The Maid of Fairbourne Hall is the best! That was actually my first book of hers that I read! Chores often make me wish I liked audio books so I could get more read but I just don't like being read to!

Post a Comment