Friday, September 05, 2014

Friday Memes 9/5

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
How many bookcases do you have, and are they all in one room or different rooms? 

My Answer:
I have 5 1/2 (one I share with my sis) and five of them are in my bedroom with the sixth shared one right outside our bedroom door!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Kylie Wilde's right hand tightened on the hammer as she stared at her roof. A shingle flapped in the endless summer wind. A storm was brewing over in the Rocky Mountains, blast it. She was going to have to go up there and nail that board down or sleep under a downpour
Tried & True by Mary Connealy

My Thoughts
Great beginning! Not quite as quick into the action as some of her other books but it does give you a good look at the kind of woman the heroine is!

7 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

I unfortunately only have two bookcases at the moment here at university, but I have more books at home! I can't wait for the day I can fill a room with my bookcases and have them be there for longer than a year! The beginning is interesting, but I'd have to read more before I knew whether I enjoyed it or not. Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend.
My Friday post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Katherine P said...

All those bookcases sound lovely. I have some space issues at the moment but I'm looking forward to adding some more bookcases! Love the beginning! I'm curious to know more about Kylie.

Billy Burgess said...

That is a lot of bookcases! :)

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I like the opening to Tried & True. Kylie sounds like a strong, self-sufficient character, and I'd like to get to know her better.
Here's the link to my Friday post: Beach House Memories.

Elizabeth said...

I don't envy the character to have to fix a roof. :)

5 1/2 bookcases is good number. I have two big ones and three small ones. I think. :)

Thanks for sharing.

My book beginnings link is below, but please stop by the blogger hop post too if you like.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings

Unknown said...

I agree with your approach on the heroine. I love female characters who are risk-takers, do not hold back and step into roles that not many female characters would; hope you enjoy your read! :)

Sparrow's BB & The Friday 56

Abbi Hart said...

Juli-That would be hard not having all of your books in one place! I love just staring at the titles on my shelves!

Katherine-I just added a new bookcase since I was running out of room too!

Billy-Yeah but since I have a lot of books I need them!

Sandra-She is a fantastic character and I hope you meet her soon!

Elizabeth-It's nice to be able to have all of my books fit!

Claudia-Me too!

Post a Comment