Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Top Ten Books That Were Hard for Me to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

#1. Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson-I loved her previous books and was ecstatic when she came back to writing, but this book was nowhere near as good as her others and was really hard for me to get through!

#2. Vow Unbroken by Caryl McAdoo-I couldn't stand the heroine of this story and there were other things that drove me nuts and I had to force myself to finish it.

#3. Rescuing Hope by Susan Norris-This one was hard because of the subject matter of sex slavery, it's hard to read about the horrors that happen but it was a real eye-opener.

#4. Widow of Gettysburg by Jocelyn Green-I love this book but as a person with an extremely weak stomach it was hard to read the medical scenes especially the amputation!

#5. Never the Bride by Rene Gutteridge & Cheryl McKay-This one confused me since there is a unique twist to the story and I read it rather disjointedly.

#6. The Merciful Scar by Rebecca St. James & Nancy Rue-This one dealt with cutting, which with my aforementioned weak stomach...

#7. Blade Sliver by Melody Carlson-Another cutting book.

#8. The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas-It's big and not all that exciting, but I did make it through!

#9. The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien-Same as the above mentioned reason!

#10. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo-I am currently reading this one but it is a bit of a struggle!

4 comments:

Dawn Janis said...

Vow Unbroken was hard for me as well. Mainly because I didn't care for the heroine.

And Les Mis! The book itself is hard to read, but I think it's worth it. There are several good abridgements out there as well. It's actually my favorite Broadway show and I ADORE the musical.

Rissi said...

I'm the same with The Merciful Scar, not so much because of a weak stomach, just more the way the story was told. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.

Michelle said...

I have yet to read a Dee Henderson book.
Although I do have a couple.

Abbi Hart said...

Dawn-I had such a hard time with that book and I agree that it was mainly because of the heroine! It's gotten a bit better since the beginning but it's still a little slow! I have been waiting to watch the musical till I finish!

Rissi-I thought it was okay but it's not one of my favorites!

Michelle-I love her O'Malley and Uncommon Heroes series but I don't recommend her others!

Post a Comment