Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Sunshine Award


I was awarded the Sunshine Award from Melanie@Christian Bookshelf Reviews

The rules are:
1. Answer the 8 questions the person who awarded you asked
2. Nominate 8 new people (no tag-backs) and notify them on their blog
3. Ask 8 new questions (or reuse the ones you were asked) for your nominees to answer.

Melanie's Questions

1. What is your favorite TV show?
I have quite a few favorite shows so it's pretty impossible to pick just one! Some of my favorites are: Psych, Warehouse 13, NCIS, NCIS:LA, Castle, Community, Firefly, and The Finder!

2. Have you ever read a book based on a friend's recommendation alone? If so, what was it and did you like it?
Yes I have! My best friend recommended two of Lynn Austin's books, Hidden Places and A Proper Pursuit and Karen Witemeyer's book, A Tailor-Made Bride, all of which I loved! And my older sister has countless time recommended good books to me!

3. What is your favorite Bible verse?
I haven't thought through this overly much but here are some that I really love!
Psalm 18: 19b, 28-32

19b He delivered me because He delighted in me. For You will light my lamp; The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
29 For by You I can run against a troop, by my God I can leap over a wall.
30 As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
31 For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect.


4. What is your least favorite food?
Hmm I'm a picky eater so I have a lot of food I don't like! It's really hard to pick one but some of the things I really don't like are: Ketchup, coffee, and beans!

5. Who is your favorite professional sports team?
I really don't like sports at all! Sorry!

6. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Getting the chance to share my opinions and getting to interact with other awesome bloggers!

7. What is your favorite Christmas song?
My mom plays Christmas music excessively so I get really tired of all of the common Christmas songs. That being said there are a bunch of Christian ones that I do enjoy listening to! I think my top four would be: Joy, Joy by David Phelps, His Favorite Christmas Story by Capitol Lights, Give This Christmas Away by Matthew West, and How Many Kings by Downhere!

8. What are five of your all-time favorite books?

I don't know if I can do this one! Ok I guess I can try though keep in mind I'm doing five that have stood the test of time for me and that I have reread multiple times! I will be picking favorites from series but I love the rest of these series too!

Love's Long Journey by Janette Oke
Sean Donovan by Lori Wick
The Truth Seeker by Dee Henderson
The Drifter by Lori Copeland
Escape to Morning by Susan May Warren

The 8 People I'm Nominating:

My Questions
1. What is one of your favorite authors that you discovered this year?
2. What is your favorite musical? Or if you don't like musicals a favorite older movie!
3. If you had the chance to meet one of your blogging friends, would you?
4. What is one of your favorite pastimes besides reading?
5. Five favorite groups/artists in your favorite music genre?
6. What is one book, releasing in 2013 that you are really excited about?
7. If you could travel anywhere, on an unlimited budget, where would you go?
8. What is one of your biggest bookish pet peeves?

2 comments:

writingsofrosie said...

Thank you, Abbi!!

Melanie said...

Psych is also one of my favorite shows! Enjoyed reading your answers, Abbi! :)

Post a Comment