Friday, December 27, 2013

Friday Memes 12/27

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
What books are you looking forward to reading in 2014?

My Answer:
Haha-this is a dangerous question to ask me! I just did a post on this for a read-a-thon challenge so I'm just gonna copy it over here!
Luminary by Krista McGee
When I Fall In Love by Susan May Warren
A Draw of Kings by Patrick W. Carr
Mindwar by Andrew Klavan
For Such A Time by Kate Breslin
Caught in the Middle by Regina Jennings
Dancing With Fireflies by Denise Hunter
Storm Siren by Mary Weber
Love Comes Calling by Siri Mitchell
Season of Fire by Lisa T. Bergren
Stuck Together by Mary Connealy
Fair Play by Deeanne Gist
Full Steam Ahead by Karen Witemeyer
Raptor 6 by Ronie Kendig
Revolutionary by Krista McGee
Season of Wonder by Lisa T. Bergren
Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg
Yankee in Atlanta by Jocelyn Green
Circle of Spies by Roseanna M. White
Captured by Love by Jody Hedlund
Silenced by Dani Pettrey
Fatal Exchange by Lisa Harris
In Perfect Time by Sarah Sundin
It Had to Be You by Susan May Warren
A Match of Wits by Jen Turano
Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck 
With Autumn's Return by Amanda Cabot
A Beauty So Rare by Tamera Alexander
With Every Breath by Elizabeth Camden
Dating, Dining, and Desperation by Melody Carlson
Forget Me Not by Amber Stokes
Four Weddings and A Kiss by Margaret Brownley, Debra Clopton, Mary Connealy, & Robin Lee Hatcher
Deceived by Irene Hannon (cover not released)
Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren (cover just released)


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

In a quiet alcove off the hotel lobby, Charlotte Fraser perched on a worn horsehair chair, nursing a cup of lukewarm tea. A wind-driven freshet lashed the windows and roiled along the bruise-colored sky, sending the pedestrians along Chalmers Street scurrying for shelter, jostling one another amid a sea of black umbrellas.
Carolina Gold by Dorothy Love

My Thoughts
Honestly I was a little bored by this beginning, it didn't draw me in at all and the only questioned it really raised was what the word freshet means. (I looked it up and it means an overflowing of a stream due to rain or snow, and a swelling quantity. Neither of those make sense though so I look at it's synonyms one of which was downpour and I think that's what the author was talking about-just a little word lessen for y'all!)

10 comments:

Vonnie said...

It is a dangerous question to ask. I had to limit myself into how many books I wanted to mentioned. Besides I was too busy getting the Rainbow Book Spine challenge together.

By the way, your teaser made me want tea. lol

My post

Harvee said...

You have a full list for 2014! Enjoy them all!
Book Dilettante, Book Beginnings

Sandra Nachlinger said...

The beginning of DELUGE appeals to me because it sets the mood. I also like the author's word choices: roiled, bruise-colored, scurrying, jostling. I even like freshet, even though I did stop and think about what the word meant.
My Friday post is from a collection of sweet short stories: THE WHISKEY BOTTLE IN THE WALL.

JC Jones said...

I did like the picture it painted.

Elizabeth said...

GREAT lineup for 2014. My book blogger answer is below.

DELUGE might be something I would like. I love all the description and imagery. Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer
My Book Beginnings

Unknown said...

O.o WOW!! What a great selection of books some of which are definitely going on my TBR list. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Katelynn
www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I had to look up freshet too because I thought it meant a flooding stream, not a storm.

But it looks like you have plenty of other books to capture your fancy!

Thanks for participating in BBOF! Here's to another new year of good books and happy reading!

Valeria @ A Touch of Book Madness said...

Wow! So many books! Some of them look very good. I hope you can read them all this year.

My BBH

Alysia said...

I know. Right! I just picked five because I would be going on and on for days. My 2014 book list needs to be only the books I owe. No new books but of course there are 2 out of 5 that are new. Oh well. LOL! Amazing list.

Julie said...

You have a list FULL of want-to-reads! I'm with you on your beginning for Carolina Gold - I hope the rest reads a lot better! Enjoy your reading week!

Post a Comment