Friday, December 06, 2013

Friday Memes 12/6

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
What book would you recommend for a Christmas present?

My Answer:
It would take me too long to list all the books I'd like to recommend so I made myself pick newer releases that fit certain types of people! I also picked ones that are stand-alones or first in the series. Click the title to read my reviews of the books!
Teen Guys-Nightmare City by Andrew Klavan-I didn't want to put this book down and my 16yo brother who is not a fan of reading is currently devouring this one! Highly recommend any of this authors books for teen guys!
Teen Girls-Anomaly by Krista McGee-Awesome dystopian that was really well-written! One of my favorite books this year!
Historical Fiction-A Bride for Keeps by Melissa Jagears-I loved this debut book! I read it in less than a day!
Contemporary Fiction-Made to Last by Melissa Tagg-Another awesome debut book! I had a smile on my face the whole time and laughed out loud quite often!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Julia Foster lifted her gaze to the clear October sky as a lark swooped past. Her steps slowed and her thoughts took flight, following the bird as it dipped into the golden trees beyond the meadow. If only she could fly away, back to the familiar life and cherished friends she had left behind in India. But that dream would have to wait.
The Governess of Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky

My Thoughts
Well-written beginning that definitely gives you a few questions!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is a captivating opening! I hope you enjoy the book. Happy weekend :)

Elizabeth said...

Good Christmas choices.

THANKS for sharing.

Happy Hopping!!
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Vicki said...

After reading your thoughts on Made To Last, I have to check it out!

Abbi Hart said...

Vicki-You won't be sorry!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm going to have to check out a Bride for Keeps! Thanks for the recommendation. I love Christian fiction, reading and writing it. :)

Anonymous said...

Great picks! I love that you even have something depending on their preference. :)

Here's my Book Blogger Hop post :)

Alysia said...

I love this list and Nightmare City looks interesting. Thanks.

Post a Comment