Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #20: Shattered

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're
eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Shattered by Dani Pettrey
Bethany House Publishers-February 1, 2013

About the Book
Piper McKenna couldn't be more thrilled that her prodigal brother, Reef, has returned to Yancey, Alaska, after five years. But her happiness is short-lived when Reef appears at her house covered in blood. A fellow snowboarder has been killed--but despite the evidence, Reef swears he's innocent. And Piper believes him.
Deputy Landon Grainger loves the McKennas like family, but he's also sworn to find the truth. Piper is frustrated with his need for facts over faith, but he knows those closest to you have the power to deceive you the most. With his sheriff pushing for a quick conviction, some unexpected leads complicate the investigation, and pursuing the truth may mean risking Landon's career.
With Piper waging her own search, the two head deep into Canada's rugged backcountry--and unexpected complications. Not only does their long friendship seem to be turning into something more, but this dangerous case is becoming deadlier with each step.

Why I Want It
I recently read Dani Pettrey's debut novel and I LOVED it! All of the characters were fantastic, and I really like Piper and Landon so I'm super psyched that this book is their story. I also can't wait to meet Reef. Needless to say I honestly can't wait for this book to release!

3 comments:

danicapage said...

I've heard good things about this author and this novel looks incredible. I definitely have to read this one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Here's mine

~Danica Page
Taking It One Page at a Time

Chel said...

I've never read a book by Danni Pettrey but this sounds really interesting. It sounds like the characters are going to have some adventure. Thanks for sharing!

Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

Tiffany Drew said...

This looks like a pretty interesting read, onto my reading list it goes!

My WoW

Post a Comment