Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Memes 4/11

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
What do you think is the best book marketing tool? Blog, facebook, twitter, pinterest, or goodreads?

My Answer:
For me I'd say blogs. I may hear about a book somewhere else but when I decided whether I want to read it or not I check blogs I trust and see what their thoughts were. Goodreads is also great so you can see what your friends thought of it or if they are wanting to read it to!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Monday, February 14, 1944
The stench was unmistakable. Seeping through the walls of the two-story chalet, turning pungent from the warmth of an oil furnace, the insidious odor drifted upstairs to where Stella lay asleep on a window seat. It filled her nostrils and roused her with a jerk; she struggled upright, shielding her eyes against the bright light penetrating the glass. Dawn. The burning had begun.
For Such a Time by Kate Breslin

My Thoughts
First off, this beginning is beautifully written (and so is the rest of this book)! The author created such a vivid scene with her words. If also raises questions the biggest of which being the question of what is burning.

7 comments:

Beck Valley Books said...

Yes I agree I would say out of the options above it for me it would be blog. Not only do you have your normal readers but you blog posts will be shared on Triberr, if your a member of a tribe, as well as facebook and twitter if you have arranged that. Now following you, love your blog name xx

Juli Rahel said...

That last sentence is so dooming! And I agree, if I want to know something about a book I go to blogs. We're just that much more reliable ;) Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a good weekend!
My Friday Post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Abbi Hart said...

Sharon-Thank you!

Juli-Isn't it?! Thanks for coming by!

gautami-It is a pretty interesting one! Thanks for commenting!

Elizabeth said...

I choose Blogs and then Goodreads.

I don't think Pinterest does that great of a job for book promotion. :)

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Abbi Hart said...

Elizabeth-I agree!

Kelly Blackwell @ Heres My Take On It said...

I jump about. But if I trust a blogger, I will definitely take their opinion in high regard.

Abbi Hart said...

Kelly-Yeah I'm the same-I have to know that the blogger has a good opinion!

Post a Comment