Friday, April 04, 2014

Friday Memes 4/4

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
To you, what qualifies a book as good or bad? Are some books objectively better than others, or is it purely a matter of opinion?

My Answer:
It's hard to pinpoint exactly what qualifies a book as good or bad since there are so many factors to consider. For the most part I really think that it is simply a matter of personal opinion. There are some books that I've hated and others have loved and some that I've loved and others hated. Everyone has a different opinion and thankfully it seems that there is something out there for all of us!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Almost there. Kendall strode around the curve of Bellview Drive and fixed her gaze on the messenger sign at the end of the block. The flying white envelope on a red circle flickered in the night. She wanted to run-to at least jog-but held back, forcing her legs into long strides.
Outcasts by Jill Williamson

My Thoughts
This was a pretty great beginning! Definitely keeps you reading, wanting to figure out what's going on!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your answer hit the nail on the head. That happens at my book club. I may love a book and someone else will think it is trash and vice versa. :)

GREAT answer.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

JC Jones said...

I agree, Good or Bad is very personal. Here is My Post

Abbi Hart said...

Elizabeth-Thank you!

JC-Yes it is!

Post a Comment